Alright y’all this is just in time for Valentine’s Day! Who doesn’t need some help every once in a while coming up with new fun ideas for dates or a get together with a friend? I am not the most creative but here are some fun ideas that I love!
1. Dueling Piano Bar
- Looking to grab a drink but tired of the same old happy hour spot? Look up a piano bar near you! In downtown Houston I am a big fan of Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar which even allows you to order food to the bar for those of us who end up craving pizza after a few drinks! This is a great place to spend a few hours as you can catch up with your friends but also interact with the show and enjoy a few laughs. They often do competitions that lead to free shots and a lot of laughs, and you can request songs you want to hear from the performers. I promise you wont be disappointed!
- My idea of Bingo was an old folks home where you slowly put chips on numbers and socialize while enjoying a leisurely game. Um, no not reality. You may be joined by some elderly men and women but in no ways is it a slow game. My boyfriend and I began the night hysterically laughing at the age gap between us and the other players and also at how confused we were by all the different games and rules. Fast forward an hour and we are practically sweating trying to keep up with the numbers being called while the rest of the players were winning with ease. We walked away from the night without a win but everyone is so encouraging and it is now our new favorite date night idea!
- This may sound simple but it can be such a crackup. We always keep our rollerblades in the car and if we come across a park we pull them out and go for a stroll. Even taking 30 minutes to stroll around the neighborhood leads to a few laughs and a little excercise. I am horrible on rollerblades so imagine a grown adult rollerblading like a beginner 8 year old rolling around public parks and grabbing coffee downtown. It may not be graceful but it is funny and mixes up your day with something light hearted. Plus you get to explore your neighborhood or city and spend some time outdoors. Worth it!
4. Casino Night
- Alright these nights can get expensive if you don’t go into it with a limit. But if you are feeling up to some blackjack or slots this can be a lot of fun. Bring your ID and the cash you are willing to gamble with and have some fun! Leave your wallet in the car so you aren’t tempted to go back for more. You get free drinks on the floor and you can hopefully have some fun while winning some money (hopefully)!
- Find a local lake or pond, a fishing pole, some snacks/beers and some music and enjoy a leisurely day or night with a view. Whether or not you catch anything you get some quality time together away from daily stress and you can hopefully catch a sunrise or sunset. Plus you can surprise your man with an outdoorsy date night. Major points!
6. Food/Drink Tasting
- Find something you like and make a point to find the best in your city or anywhere you travel. Whether you are a coffee, wine or beer connoisseur, taco addict or are obsessed with creme brule make an effort to always find new places to taste test! You can spend a day hopping around different places or you can plan date nights around resturants you want to specifically have a dessert at. It is always fun finding a new favorite place and it gives you an opportunity to critique something you both love.